Saturday 28 April 2007

Homespun




Homespun robe and sandaled feet
These dear Lord are the things I see.
Rocky road, when two, who knew
On Emmaus way did speak with you.
How saddened were their hearts that day
When dear Lord you came their way;
Conversations enriched by you....
Something familiar..... not you?
As you went to journey on
Something prompted them to say
Please dear stranger we beg you stay.
As they listened to your word
Something deep inside them stirred.
Then you broketh bread in two.
Instantly they knew twas you......

2 comments:

Doug said...

Hello Sunny, I'd been checking your other blog, not realising that you'd started a new one. This is great and I enjoyed this latest poem.

Sunny said...

thanks doug so much has happened to me
have been really ill also have no computer@ moment as my e/mail has changed to...
butterpuffs2@yahho.com

SUNNY